ENROLLMENT COORDINATOR/ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
As a member of the Admissions and Student Financial Planning Office, the Enrollment Coordinator / Admissions Counselor is responsible for maintaining the Enrollment Services front desk, greeting visitors and providing appropriate customer service, answering office phone lines, and assisting the Enrollment Services team by providing pertinent support functions. Essential duties include set-up and arrangement of appointments and campus visits, keeping and updating the Enrollment Service office calendar and visit calendar, receiving phone calls and visitors, handling written correspondence, and maintaining student files. Essential to the role is to serve as an in-house admissions counselor providing the expected services for prospective students as required by the Director of Admissions. The person in this role will work closely with prospective students, their families, counselors, alumni, and colleagues to develop and sustain relationships that will help the college achieve its recruitment goals.
1.Maintain Enrollment Services daily operations by managing the Enrollment Services office main phone lines, greeting visitors with appropriate customer service, opening and distributing daily mail, and general office practices and procedures.
2. Assist with the coordination and monitoring of Westminster College campus visitors by: helping the Director of Admissions and Admissions staff with scheduling and arranging appointments with faculty, staff, coaches, and/or other members of the Westminster Community. Enter and maintain current information in database system regarding campus visitors and creating visit schedules. Prepare and mail confirmation and thank-you correspondence to prospective students. Notifying staff of weekly scheduled visits, interviews, and daily correspondence. Make reservations for overnight guests as needed. Prepare information packets. Maintain workstation and reception area in a manner reasonable of appearance to guests and co-workers. Maintain the welcome board Admissions visitor badges, welcome parking space signs and tour book.
3.Contribute to the enrollment goals of the admissions office by taking a lead role in counselor support and student service and be the lead person for any in-house admissions interviews, tours, visits, and enrollment process needs. Assist as required with recruitment of Non-travel state students and take a lead role in the enrollment process of these students.
4.Maintain regular contact and/or communication with prospective students, their families, and high school counselors throughout the recruitment process and provide accurate and appropriate information about the College to all constituents.
5.Provide support for VP and Dean of Enrollment Management to include calendar coordination, appointments scheduling, administrative support and assistance with presentations for staff and board meetings.
- May offer direction and/or supervision to student work staff or interns assisting in the Enrollment Services Office.
- Establish and maintain general files for office and for VP and Dean of Enrollment.
- Attendance for Admission events.
- Assist with maintenance of office equipment (i.e. copy machine and fax machine).
- Maintain visitor hospitality area.
- Prepare and update office phone directory.
- Perform or support various other duties as assigned.
Equipment to be used:
Must have working knowledge of standard office equipment such as multi-line telephone, fax, copier, printer, and computer. Working knowledge of Microsoft office programs and Admissions software preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: A minimum of one to two years clerical, administrative or applicable office experience preferred.
- Skills: The position requires a person who can successfully greet and direct a variety of campus constituents. Must display strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, and be extremely detail oriented. Must have the ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate a commitment to teamwork. Must have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated. Experience working with student support systems / CRM systems is helpful. Familiarity working with the Slate CRM system is a plus.
Westminster College is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Westminster College actively pursues the goal of inclusive excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded in 1851, Westminster College believes that every student has come into this world with a purpose. To not simply be — but to become the embodiment of everything extraordinary that lives inside of us. At Westminster College, we educate and inspire students to find the intensive focus and clarity to unleash the power in their purpose. Westminster is a private, selective, coeducational, residential undergraduate college located in Fulton, Missouri, a community of 13,000 residents (approximately 25 miles from both Columbia and Jefferson City, 100 miles from St. Louis and 150 miles from Kansas City). Inclusive and welcoming, Westminster has a vibrant student life, with an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students. Faculty and staff work together to help students succeed in their education and ultimately within their chosen careers and the diverse, global community we live in.
Honoring Sir Winston Churchill and the famous "Iron Curtain" speech which he delivered on campus in 1946, Westminster is home to the historic Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury and the National Churchill Museum. In recent years, U.S. Senator and 2016 candidate for U.S. President Bernie Sanders, former Presidents George Bush and Ronald Reagan, and world leaders Mikhail Gorbachev, Margaret Thatcher, and Lech Walesa have participated in the College's international lecture series. The monumental sculpture "Breakthrough," created from sections of the Berlin Wall, is also prominent on campus.
Company Website: WWW.WESTMINSTER-MO.EDU
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)