Associate Athletic Trainer
Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri is looking for an Associate Athletic Trainer to assist the Director of Sports Medicine and Performance with care, treatment, evaluation and rehabilitation of student-athletes in and 18 sport intercollegiate athletic program.
- Coordinate with the Director of Sports Medicine and Performance to accommodate the sports medicine needs of student-athletes in 18 intercollegiate sports related activities.
- Assist the Director of Sports Medicine and Performance with the maintenance of medical and insurance records.
- Assist the Director of Sports Medicine and Performance with the maintenance of medical records and organization and maintenance of current policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the ordering and maintenance of supplies and inventory for the department.
- Education - Masters degree preferred. NATABOC certification required.
- Professional - Must be Missouri Licensed or eligible.
- Experience - Proven experience in athletic training on the collegiate level preferred.
- Skills - Excellent oral and written communication skills, and proficiency in operating the computer system and associated software used by the college. Instructor of American Red Cross Lay Person Responder preferred.
Supervise student workers in the performance of daily tasks as well as coordinating departmental interns and clinical students in the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine and Performance.
- Work evening and weekend hours as required for event coverage.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machine, calculator, telephone, and office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires sitting, standing, bending, reaching and lifting. Working conditions are in a climate controlled building with an office and other conditions that vary by season.
Upload your resume/CV and contact information for three professional references as one document under the 'resume/qualifications' option to the right. Select the 'add a cover letter' option to upload your cover letter. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled or the search is closed. Expected start date is January 2019.
Westminster College is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Westminster College actively pursues the goal of inclusive excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded in 1851, Westminster College believes that every student has come into this world with a purpose. To not simply be — but to become the embodiment of everything extraordinary that lives inside of us. At Westminster College, we educate and inspire students to find the intensive focus and clarity to unleash the power in their purpose. Westminster is a private, selective, coeducational, residential undergraduate college located in Fulton, Missouri, a community of 13,000 residents (approximately 25 miles from both Columbia and Jefferson City, 100 miles from St. Louis and 150 miles from Kansas City). Inclusive and welcoming, Westminster has a vibrant student life, with an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students. Faculty and staff work together to help students succeed in their education and ultimately within their chosen careers and the diverse, global community we live in.
Honoring Sir Winston Churchill and the famous "Iron Curtain" speech which he delivered on campus in 1946, Westminster is home to the historic Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury and the National Churchill Museum. In recent years, U.S. Senator and 2016 candidate for U.S. President Bernie Sanders, former Presidents George Bush and Ronald Reagan, and world leaders Mikhail Gorbachev, Margaret Thatcher, and Lech Walesa have participated in the College's international lecture series. The monumental sculpture "Breakthrough," created from sections of the Berlin Wall, is also prominent on campus.
Company Website: WWW.WESTMINSTER-MO.EDU
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)