Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Education
Westminster College is accepting applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Education. As a four-year national liberal arts college, Westminster College invites applicants for a full-time, tenure track faculty position in the education department beginning August of 2018. Teaching duties may include literacy education, digital literacy education, and teacher preparation of future teachers in elementary and secondary education. Preference given to applicants with K-12 experience, and for individuals with multiple experiences across content areas and a willingness to prepare elementary and secondary teachers.
The successful candidate will have a 4/4 teaching schedule of courses in education and teacher preparation.
Westminster College places great emphasis on an international perspective, cross-disciplinary connection, collaborative teamwork, academic advising, and multiple, high-impact teaching methods such as: hands-on projects, internships, undergraduate research, service learning, teaching with technology, and preparing future educators in the most authentic, dynamic format possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach education and education-related coursework in classroom settings and online.
- Assist students with academic advising.
- Supervise student teachers.
- Prepare course syllabi for assigned courses that meet the needs of students and state requirements.
- Participate in the development of assessments and evaluation of courses and the program for continuing improvement.
- Maintain professional development per Faculty Handbook for tenure and promotion.
- Assist in recruitment efforts for the program by participating in college recruitment events and communicating with interested students.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with alumni of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Education or an EdD with a record of scholarly research and publication or the potential to establish such a record.
- An ABD with experience in teaching education-preparation courses will also be considered.
- Experience in a K-12 classroom preferable
- Please include:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement of teaching philosophy at a small liberal arts college
- Copy of unofficial or official graduate transcripts. Official transcripts required upon hire.
- Sample of student evaluations, if applicable
Westminster College is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Westminster College actively pursues the goal of inclusive excellence.
Review of applications will begin on February 26th and will continue until the position is filled or the search is closed.
Founded in 1851, Westminster College believes that every student has come into this world with a purpose. To not simply be — but to become the embodiment of everything extraordinary that lives inside of us. At Westminster College, we educate and inspire students to find the intensive focus and clarity to unleash the power in their purpose. Westminster is a private, selective, coeducational, residential undergraduate college located in Fulton, Missouri, a town of community of 13,000 residents (approximately 25 miles from both Columbia and Jefferson City, 100 miles from St. Louis and 150 miles from Kansas City). Inclusive and welcoming, Westminster has a vibrant student life, with an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students. Faculty and staff work together to help students succeed in their education and ultimately within their chosen careers and the diverse, global community we live in.
Honoring Sir Winston Churchill and the famous "Iron Curtain" speech which he delivered on campus in 1946, Westminster is home to the historic Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury and the National Churchill Museum. In recent years, U.S. Senator and 2016 candidate for U.S. President Bernie Sanders, former Presidents George Bush and Ronald Reagan, and world leaders Mikhail Gorbachev, Margaret Thatcher, and Lech Walesa have participated in the College's international lecture series. The monumental sculpture "Breakthrough," created from sections of the Berlin Wall, is also prominent on campus.
Company Website: WWW.WESTMINSTER-MO.EDU
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)