Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
Westminster College is accepting applications for a Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. This position is a key member of the financial leadership team and will be responsible for providing analytical and strategic support to internal customers and stakeholders in the business, driving continuous improvement to deliverables and processes supporting these customers. This role acts as the analytical engine of the college to provide insights and to support ideal business decision making. Strong collaboration, data analysis and presentation, as well as process and tool development skills will be critical for the success of this role, along with having the ability to work independently on assigned tasks and responsibilities.
The chosen candidate will be expected to have the highest integrity, honesty and accuracy in financial reporting, thorough understanding of the complex relationship between key financial and operating drivers, and will provide assistance and financial acumen support to the Business Office of the College. Knowledge and appreciation for strong internal controls and excellent customer service to students, faculty and staff are essential.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Manages budget calendar to ensure all required data is identified and on track. Ensures quality, accuracy and timeliness of the monthly reports, cash flow and financial forecasts as well as the annual budget preparation.
- Manages forecasting and budgeting systems to provide consolidations and controls over submitted information.
- Evaluate optional plans by identifying outcomes and potential returns using NPV and ROI analyses.
- Analyze current and past trends in accounting and financial reports leveraging key performance indicators. Determine causes of unexpected variances.
- Improve organization’s performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understanding of ROI in marketing programs, IT development, tuition pricing, new program development, etc.
- Participate in the monthly accounting activities and the overall financial planning of the company.
- Develop financial models and analysis to evaluate alternative strategic initiatives.
- Assists department leaders in the preparation and continuous monitoring of forecasts and budgets.
- Drives and cultivates collaborative relationships with department leaders to facilitate an understanding of key business drivers.
- Enhances operating efficiency as a member of the Business Office team, sharing best practices, and leveraging experience and knowledge.
- Assists controller in maintaining an effective internal control environment, compliance with GAAP, and corporate policies, and provide support for monthly accounting activities and audits.
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Develops requested ad-hoc reports as required.
Requirements: 3-5 years in an accounting or finance department, ideally involved in financial planning and analysis activities. Experience in accounting and business finance, including budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, template creation, advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills, and appreciation of the mission of Westminster College.
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance is required; a CPA and/or MBA is preferred.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Westminster College actively pursues the goal of inclusive excellence.
Founded in 1851, Westminster College believes that every student has come into this world with a purpose. To not simply be — but to become the embodiment of everything extraordinary that lives inside of us. At Westminster College, we educate and inspire students to find the intensive focus and clarity to unleash the power in their purpose. Westminster is a private, selective, coeducational, residential undergraduate college located in Fulton, Missouri, a town of community of 13,000 residents (approximately 25 miles from both Columbia and Jefferson City, 100 miles from St. Louis and 150 miles from Kansas City). Inclusive and welcoming, Westminster has a vibrant student life, with an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students. Faculty and staff work together to help students succeed in their education and ultimately within their chosen careers and the diverse, global community we live in.
Honoring Sir Winston Churchill and the famous "Iron Curtain" speech which he delivered on campus in 1946, Westminster is home to the historic Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury and the National Churchill Museum. In recent years, U.S. Senator and 2016 candidate for U.S. President Bernie Sanders, former Presidents George Bush and Ronald Reagan, and world leaders Mikhail Gorbachev, Margaret Thatcher, and Lech Walesa have participated in the College's international lecture series. The monumental sculpture "Breakthrough," created from sections of the Berlin Wall, is also prominent on campus.
Company Website: WWW.WESTMINSTER-MO.EDU
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)