DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management
REPORTS TO: Director of Recruitment
This position reports to the Director of Recruitment and is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of the College’s marketing and recruitment plan to achieve its enrollment goals. Moreover, this position requires an energetic, hardworking person with good interpersonal and communication skills to implement the enrollment marketing activities of the College. This person will work closely with prospective students, their families, counselors, alumni and colleagues to develop and sustain relationships that will help the college achieve its recruitment goals.
The statements below are intended to describe the principal duties of the person or persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities.
- Meet the enrollment goals for a designated recruitment area by preparing and executing an annual plan that will promote the College and attract prospective students. The plan will include fall and spring travel activities, special events, college fairs high school and personal visits within a well defined market area to ensure College visibility and territory coverage.
- Maintain regular contact and/or communication with prospective students, their families, and the high school counselors throughout the recruitment process and provide accurate and appropriate information about the College to all constituents.
- Ensure that the academic quality and personal character of student recruits meet Westminster standards for those recommended for review and admittance to the College, by personally reviewing student academic credentials, references and recommendations necessary for assessment prior to review by the Admissions Committee.
- Provide consultation and expert advice to management team for the designated region by maintaining accurate records of all recruitment activities for program evaluation and historical preservation.
- Assist with selected Campus Visit Programs and provide counsel and support for inquiries and/or applicants from other states (not primary markets of responsibility)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience: Entry-level position. Experience in college admissions, sales or a related position is preferable but not required.
- Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and marketing skills required; must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-disciplined, organized, flexible and creative; attentive to details; must be computer proficient and possess exceptional telemarketing skills.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate standard office equipment and computer software for admissions programs. Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and provide own vehicle.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires standing and sitting for extended periods of time, as well as normal bending and reaching. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Requires a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires lifting a travel case or materials up to 25 lbs. May also require driving long distances and the ability to navigate city traffic.
Typical office environment with considerable amount of time dedicated to territory travel. Access to Internet connection, personal computer and fax, business line and cell telephones.
From external websites go to this link: https://westminster-college.apscareerportal.com/jobs/1125824/apps/new
From the Westminster College website: Upload your Resume under the 'resume/qualifications' option to the right. Select the 'add a cover letter' option to upload your cover letter and complete the Westminster application form. Application review will be begin immediately.
Westminster is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, Westminster actively pursues the goal of inclusive excellence.
Somos un empleador con igualdad de oportunidades y todos los candidatos calificados recibirán consideración por el empleo sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, origen nacional, estado de discapacidad, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley.
Founded in 1851, Westminster College believes that every student has come into this world with a purpose. To not simply be — but to become the embodiment of everything extraordinary that lives inside of us. At Westminster College, we educate and inspire students to find the intensive focus and clarity to unleash the power in their purpose. Westminster is a private, selective, coeducational, residential undergraduate college located in Fulton, Missouri, a community of 13,000 residents (approximately 25 miles from both Columbia and Jefferson City, 100 miles from St. Louis and 150 miles from Kansas City). Inclusive and welcoming, Westminster has a vibrant student life, with an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students. Faculty and staff work together to help students succeed in their education and ultimately within their chosen careers and the diverse, global community we live in.
Honoring Sir Winston Churchill and the famous "Iron Curtain" speech which he delivered on campus in 1946, Westminster is home to the historic Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury and the National Churchill Museum. In recent years, U.S. Senator and 2016 candidate for U.S. President Bernie Sanders, former Presidents George Bush and Ronald Reagan, and world leaders Mikhail Gorbachev, Margaret Thatcher, and Lech Walesa have participated in the College's international lecture series. The monumental sculpture "Breakthrough," created from sections of the Berlin Wall, is also prominent on campus.
Read about Westminster's Mission and Vision: https://www.wcmo.edu/about/mission/index.html
Página Web de la Compañía: WWW.WCMO.EDU
(si ya tienes un currículum en Indeed)