Executive Assistant to the President and CFO
Department: President's Office
Reports to: President of the College and CFO
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support and clerical assistance to the President of the College and CFO. Administrative support consists of scheduling and managing itineraries such as scheduling meetings, travel, and other demands on time. Beyond having superb administrative skills, this position excels at executing specific tasks and creative problem solving to find optimal solutions that support the President and CFO such as running errands, screening phone calls, and drafting letters or other documentation. The Executive Assistant also knows how to make decisions about when to escalate issues to the attention of the President and CFO. Westminster College is looking for someone who is enthusiastic, professional and personable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the principal duties of the person or persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities.
- Manage an active calendar of appointments for the President and CFO;
- Coordinate and schedule meetings;
- Effective “gatekeeper” for those asking for the President and CFO’s time;
- Coordinate internal calendars for project milestones.
- Deftly handle complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas;
- Compile documents for travel and meetings, both domestically and internationally in ways that are complete and understandable for President (i.e. President should be able to rely on you for all travel arrangements, itineraries, and related items);
- Make all required flight arrangements and appropriate recommendations for, hotel, restaurants, rental cars, etc. Prepare itineraries;
Manage & Process Expenses
- Manage the inventory of office supplies;
- Track travel expenses and prepare expense reports;
- Prepare summaries of credit card and expense statements;
- Monitor and renew magazines/journal subscriptions.
General Executive Duties
- Filing and reporting;
- Receive and interact with visiting clients and guests;
- Maintain the President’s Office area;
- Record, transcribe, and distribute notes/minutes of meetings;
- Be trustworthy with sensitive information;
- Align your schedule to that of the President (arrival and departure times at work);
- Take the attitude that “no job is too small or too big”;
- Perform other administrative duties as needed;
Secretary for the Board
- Keep notes of the main actions and decisions of the board during meetings and record them in meeting minutes
- Prepare meeting minutes for distribution to the trustees for board approval prior to the next meeting
- Maintain all of the College documents and records and make them available for review by the board and bodies that regulate the institution
- Work in conjunction with the board chair to file any required documents with the government as needed for compliance by the designated deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree desirable.
- Have at least three years’ experience of high-level administrative support;
- Strong proficiency in computer software systems including: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, ability to conduct thorough and quick Internet research, and knowledge of other related software applications;
- Being a “self-starter” who completes projects and works to meet job objectives even when not given specific tasks;
- Able to identify and resolves problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully;
- Professional and positive communication skills with clients and colleagues.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate the computer and all of the associated software used at the college, and other office machines such as the fax, calculator, telephone and paycheck sealer.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, bending, lifting and reaching. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machine, calculators, the telephone and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Work is in a typical office setting.
From external websites go to this link: https://westminster-college.apscareerportal.com/jobs/1119721/apps/new
From the Westminster College website: Upload your Resume under the 'resume/qualifications' option to the right. Select the 'add a cover letter' option to upload your cover letter and complete the Westminster application form. Application review will be begin immediately.
Westminster is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, Westminster actively pursues the goal of inclusive excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded in 1851, Westminster College believes that every student has come into this world with a purpose. To not simply be — but to become the embodiment of everything extraordinary that lives inside of us. At Westminster College, we educate and inspire students to find the intensive focus and clarity to unleash the power in their purpose. Westminster is a private, selective, coeducational, residential undergraduate college located in Fulton, Missouri, a community of 13,000 residents (approximately 25 miles from both Columbia and Jefferson City, 100 miles from St. Louis and 150 miles from Kansas City). Inclusive and welcoming, Westminster has a vibrant student life, with an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students. Faculty and staff work together to help students succeed in their education and ultimately within their chosen careers and the diverse, global community we live in.
Honoring Sir Winston Churchill and the famous "Iron Curtain" speech which he delivered on campus in 1946, Westminster is home to the historic Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury and the National Churchill Museum. In recent years, U.S. Senator and 2016 candidate for U.S. President Bernie Sanders, former Presidents George Bush and Ronald Reagan, and world leaders Mikhail Gorbachev, Margaret Thatcher, and Lech Walesa have participated in the College's international lecture series. The monumental sculpture "Breakthrough," created from sections of the Berlin Wall, is also prominent on campus.
Read about Westminster's Mission and Vision: https://www.wcmo.edu/about/mission/index.html
Company Website: WWW.WCMO.EDU
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)